Tuesday 6 August 2013

24 Hours In

Ready to Go

My Flight was delayed by three hours.

I got stuck sitting next to a fat smelly guy on a 9.5 hour flight.

I'm pretty sure I got ripped off in my taxi ride to my hotel.

I LOVE my life.

I'm just 24 hours in to my year long trip and I've gotta admit I'm a bit rusty. Its been a few years since I've been on the backpacker trail and it takes some re adjusting.

I've been dreaming about this trip for the best part of two years but at the moment it still has not quite sunk in that it has actually started.

The couple of issues I've had along the way though have only highlighted that I love what I'm doing. Sure you don’t want to get stuck next to John Candy on your flight, but when the worst thing that happens in your day is that you get “ripped off” to the tune of less than $5, or that you have to sit around for a couple of extra hours, its a good day!

I'm one of those people that still gets a kick out of the actual flight to where ever. On my trip from Melbourne to Bangkok I watched four new release movies, ate two very good meals and had as many glasses of red wine as I wanted – and probably more than I should have. My joy of flying may be helped by the fact that I'm vertically challenged, but we all have to make the most of what we have.
Local Wildlife 

In my first day exploring Bangkok I've been able to see the Grand Palace and the Temple of the Golden Buddha, eat some food of speculative origin and view some local fauna.


While I may have had a slightly less than ideal beginning to the trip, I'm only getting started.  

No comments:

Post a Comment